What is messaging?
How do I message a customer?
First, click the Details button on the job you need assistance with.
Once on the job details page, you’ll see a chat box on the left side of your screen with a few instructions:
From there, simply enter the text of your question and click Send.
When should I message a customer?
If you aren’t sure about how to proceed with an assignment, it’s always a good idea to message the customer for more information.
In some instances, a job may also require a conversation to occur before you can begin writing.
What kind of questions should I ask?
If the guidelines for a topic are not enough to complete the job, try asking questions that focus on some of the following subjects (if they are not already clear in the guidelines):
- The topic and key objective of the post
- In addition to the overall topic, are there any key points that must be discussed in this assignment?
- The ideal tone and voice of the piece
- Should this piece be written in first, second, or third person?
- Does this piece need to be written with a more formal tone, or is it alright for it to sound a bit more casual?
- Always feel free to ask if the customer has any samples that they can provide.
- Potential topics that should be avoided
- Is there any subject that I should avoid?
- Do you have any competitors I should avoid mentioning when writing this article?
Why would a job require a conversation?
In some instances, a customer may prefer to chat about a job before continuing with it. When an assignment requires this, a message icon will be displayed on the job details page.
Before you can begin writing an assignment that requires a conversation, you must message the customer to quickly discuss the job's guidelines.
Why is messaging unavailable?
Messaging will be unavailable if a customer requests that messaging be turned off, a superhero job or during the customer's final review.
If you are having trouble contacting the customer, please reach out to our Support team and let us know.